Comments

Leave a comment about any Forgotten Realms date entry. Or if you have an entry that you would like to see added.

14 Comments

1. paul snyder
    Posted October 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

I need a copy of this for on my laptop. how can I get one?

Eizzn Reply:

I currently don’t have plans to offer a downloadable version of the site.

2. Jason
    Posted January 10, 2011 at 5:01 am | Permalink

This is an amazing resource. I run a 3.5 campaign that takes place at around -400 DR, and this is the best compilation of information that I’ve found when I want to search to see if something existed back in that era. Thanks for making it available.

Eizzn Reply:

Glad it helps you. Enjoy.

3. Michael
    Posted April 25, 2011 at 4:57 am | Permalink

This is really good work and I have saved it to my favourites. Are you planing to go further back in time like the Blue Age when the gods fought aginst the primordials.

Eizzn Reply:

@Michael
    I’m afraid that I have stopped playing DnD some time ago, and I don’t have much of the 4th edition books. However, if someone points me to another resource where I can get that history, or better yet someone would like to add historical events, I would be more than happy to arrange it.

4. Michael
    Posted April 26, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

I use Wikipedia as one tool among others, but only have 2.nd edition books + no real plans for buying the new ones.
    However as I read on Wikipedia I can see they adjust a lot in the old tales and history, and sometimes there are info that does not support each other.
    If you let others add history I think it would be ruinning your great work.

How about the possibility to download your work? Or else is it possible for you to sent me the file.

Eizzn Reply:

@Michael
    Hey Michael, thanks for the comments.
    In regards to letting others add history, I would of course be acting as editor to whatever is added, and there is nothing wrong with people just leaving suggestions in the comments for some historical event that they think should be added.
    In regards to making this site downloadable, I’m not sure if that is such a good idea. How would you be able to find anything? The real advantage of this site is the ability to filter the historical events by date range or by subject. Have you ever tried looking at any site that just lists the historical events all on one page? It’s just miles of text. Also, how would you know if something was changed on the site (as it sometimes happens, I add something twice and then notice it later). I do continue to add events as I find them and seem to be part of the real history, and not just part of, for example one of the various video game histories.
    If however you still feel it would be helpful to download the entire history, what format would be most helpful? xml? html? mysql dump?

Thanks again for your comments, and I am glad that you enjoy the site.
    Eizzn

5. Michael
    Posted April 29, 2011 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Hi again.

I actually thought that if the site was downloadable it would retain the search ability. But I am not good with programs etc. which is why I really have no clue what format wuld be best.

However my main reason for wanting to be able to download is that when I play I would always like to be able to use it (even without the search ability), and some of the places I play there is no acces to wireless internet and as DM I always bring my laptop.

I may in the future (probabaly not near write you with add ons as I come across them during my own campaign/earch on the net.

6. Faith
    Posted February 11, 2012 at 1:43 am | Permalink

I came here looking for history on Shaundakul… but found none.

Will you be including him?

In any regards, thank you for this amazing website!

Eizzn Reply:

Hi Faith
    Unfortunately, I have yet to find any history for Shaundakul that mentions a specific date (at least mentions a specific year). If you happen to know of any, please feel free to mention it here if you’d like.

Thanks

7. Lenton
    Posted March 1, 2014 at 2:49 am | Permalink

You don’t happen to have sources for your entries do you? I’m interested in Nesme (as that is where the majority of our campaigns are located) and there’s a few entries mainly regarding the Uthgart besieging and conquering it that I can’t seem to find sources for.

Eizzn Reply:

Hi Lenton
    I got this reference from the paperback release, ‘The Savage Frontier’, around page 61 or 62.

8. Lenton
    Posted March 2, 2014 at 12:11 am | Permalink

Thanks Eizzn, you don’t happen to have recorded all the sources for the entries you have? I think it would be a good feature to have them if they were already recorded. If not I can see it being a bit of a hassle to do so.

Eizzn Reply:

Hi Lenton
    I originally started with recording that in mind. Sadly, I got lazy as I went along. 🙁

9. Tommaso Sammarco
    Posted April 21, 2015 at 6:41 am | Permalink

Can Eilistraee’s status be updated? I wanted to say that Eilistraee is currently alive (post Sundering, in the 1480s DR). She is mentioned in the upcoming novel Spellstorm as one of the deities with whom the Returned Mystra is sharing the Weave, and Ed Greenwood himself confirmed her return, thus making it canon.

Hi again, all. Irennan, heeeere’s Ed:

Communications being what they are in the Realms, with caravans bringing news and gossip and inevitable distortions as things get told and retold, most mortals can’t be certain of much; they always have to trust (or not trust) retellings from afar.
    However, the word spreading about the return of Eilistraee and Vhaeraun comes from excited reports of mortal worshippers personally meeting MANIFESTATIONS and AVATARS of the deities; i.e. yes, Vhaeraun and Eilistraee are both “back.”
    Now, as to whether they’ll appear face to face with a given mortal in a given location in the Realms, that’s a far different matter. The gods in general seem more “distant” post-Sundering, more “heard from” than “personally seen.”

And there you have it.
    The Word of Ed, so to speak.
    love,
    THO.

On the year 1379DR voice, I wanted to point out a few things.
    Qilué’s soul wasn’t destroyed, neither was Eilistraee’s. The Crescent Blade had lost all its powers of inflicting permanent death/soul destruction, since it was destroyed and then reforged and as proven by Cavatina’s soul surviving it (and if a mortal soul survived, a goddess’ soul would have no problem doing so). Actually Eilistraee may very well have survived, for various reasons (that I posted in the comment section of that voice http://dnd.eizzn.com/time-line/campaign/forgotten-realms/1379-dr-5/comment-page-1/#comment-3852).

Eizzn Reply:

Hi Tommaso
    I have updated the entry to only say that Qilue was killed.

Thanks

10. Tommaso Sammarco
    Posted June 9, 2015 at 6:26 am | Permalink

Thanks. Is there anything that can be done to update Eilistraee’s and Vhaeraun’s status? There isn’t a specified year for their return, but the Sundering ended in 1487 DR (according to ”The Herald”), so both siblings had to be already alive by then.

Eizzn Reply:

Hi Tommaso
    Without a specific date, I wouldn’t know when to mention their return. At best I could mention an approximate date (like some of the early historic entries). Otherwise, if there was something that happens on a specific date after their return, I could simply also mention that Eilistraee and/or Vhaeraun had returned before that date.

11. Tommaso Sammarco
    Posted July 9, 2015 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

According to ”The Herald” the Sundering ends in 1487 DR. Eilistraee and Vhaeraun could be mentioned as two of the deities that re-emerged during that event (alongside, say, Helm, Mystra, Bhaal, Mask and so on).

Also, thanks for taking interest in this!

12. Tommaso Sammarco
    Posted July 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

An approximate date would be one of the years between the 1480 DR and 1487 DR.

Eizzn Reply:

Hi Tommaso
    I’ve added an entry that approximates the date of Eilistraee and Vhaeraun’s return. It comes just before 1480 DR.

I’d like to thank you for your input. Hope you find the site useful and please continue to offer suggestions or topics of discussion. They are most welcome.

13. Tommaso Sammarco
    Posted July 10, 2015 at 5:10 am | Permalink

Thank you, I appreciate it. And I appreciate your work on this site. Yes, I find it to be a very useful and well made source (I use this rather than the FR wiki when I need to find something by date, or when I try to build a timeline).

14. Lyla Du Perie
    Posted July 23, 2018 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Hi, thank you for this amazing work. Yet I have a question, in the Grand History of the Forgotten Realms (3.5 ed) it is stated that the Tearfall, and thus the separation of the continents, took place in -31.000 DR. Yet in your maps the world is still a “pangea” in -30.000 DR… can I ask you what source did you use? Is the ancient history changed in later editions?
    Thanks

Eizzn Reply:

Hi Lyla
    Thanks for the comment.
    You are right in that the Tearfall happened around -31,000 DR.
    Now I believe you are referring to the map associated referenced here http://dnd.eizzn.com/?p=17018.
    The continents have already started to separate, so I don’t think that at this point it can still be called ‘Pangea’.

As for where I got this image from, I got it off of this online PDF https://vdocuments.site/a-grand-history-of-the-realms-052005.html.
    Hope this helps.